Wednesday 23 January 2013

Sephora by OPI - It's Real


On the blog today is my birthday manicure from this past weekend: It's Real 18K gold topcoat by SOPI. It was a milestone birthday so I wanted to have something extra special on my nails, and what could be more special than genuine gold flakes? 

It's Real is a clear topcoat packed with fine gold foil flecks. I've tried it over various colors and I think it looks amazing over a deep green like Illamasqua Viridian or a dark purple. For this manicure I layered two coats of It's Real over two coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl.



I love how flat the foil lies on the nail because it creates a really unique visual texture (or you could say it looks like a really fancy counter top). The gold is more yellow toned and eye catching than my photos show. The formula is excellent - the flakes go on evenly, and the polish dries fairly quickly. The glitter doesn't need any babying either; just one coat of Out the Door gave it a smooth finish.


I purchased my bottle at Sephora during Boxing Week; you may still find it on clearance at your Sephora location. I assume this is being discontinued, but there are several gold foil topcoats still available from other brands. Ninja Polish carries a 24K gold topcoat while Zoya, OPI and Jessica offer 18K gold versions. However, they all contain larger, more sparse flakes. If you're like me and prefer the denser coverage of the small flakes in It's Real, I suggest you hunt down a bottle before they're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment