Monday 7 January 2013

Essence - Chic Reloaded


Welcome to my nail polish blog! This is a place for me to keep a log of my manicures and give my thoughts about the polishes I use. As I post more I hope to improve the lighting and overall quality of my photos :)

Let's kick off the new year with my first nail polish purchase of 2013, Essence Chic Reloaded.



Chic Reloaded is a blackened, green-to-purple duochrome that also flashes gold at extreme angles. The teal green was difficult to capture on camera, but the color shift is prominent, so much so that you can see both colors on the nail simultaneously. The formula is great - almost opaque at one coat (I have two coats here) and very fast drying.

This shade is part of Essence's core line in the newer, 8 mL bottles. I overlooked this so many times in the display because I thought it was too similar to Essence Where's The Party and Wet n Wild Grey's Anatomy, but this has a much darker base and I think it is far more flattering (and opaque!)

Duochromes and multichromes are my favorite finishes and Chic Reloaded has become an instant staple.



No comments:

Post a Comment