Saturday 2 February 2013

Nabi Magnetic - Dark Purple


You're probably looking at that photo and thinking I put the wrong polish name in the title. But this *brown* polish really did used to be dark purple. It's just brown now... which is totally fine by me! I bought a couple of Nabi polishes from Urban Behavior last summer and the other two haven't seemed to change color, only Dark Purple.

 

Magnetic polishes were a short-lived trend last year. While I wasn't a huge fan of most of the colors and finishes, I really like the look of a select few. Nabi Dark Purple (brown version) is one of those cases. I'm wearing two coats in these photos.




What I like best about magnetic polishes is that they look like cat's eye stones on your fingertips. When you move your hand about, the lines actually shift up and down, creating an interesting visual effect. Nabi Dark Purple is a perfect brown to replicate the look of cat's eye or even tortoise shell. 


The polish was extremely easy to apply. Each coat dried quickly, meaning the pattern didn't diffuse much after removing the magnet and there was minimal topcoat drag. The polish and magnet worked very well together, making a strong pattern that could cover the whole nail if applied with a practiced hand. I found that rolling the magnet around the curve of my nail in one steady motion gave a perfect pattern on the whole nail, which I learned by the time I did my final index nails.


Overall I like this polish very much. It's fun to explain how magnetic polishes work when someone asks you how you did your nails.

A wide selection of Nabi nail polish is available at Urban Behavior, although I'm not sure if the magnetic line is still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment